I know this is a pretty common blog topic for the week, but I’d like to chime in anyway and give you a little run-down of the things I’m especially thankful for right now. It’s really been a stellar year for the Newlins in general and I would be remiss not to acknowledge the things I am lucky to be happy about.
1. I am thankful that in the last six months I’ve gotten to spend more actual physical time with my kids than probably the rest of their lives added up. Ben said to me a few weeks ago, out of the blue, “Mommy, I really like your new job. Because now we get to see you all the time except a little bit when you have to work.” That statement made everything I’ve gone through to make this career change work, worth it.
2. I am so thankful that my friends and family think enough of me to use me as their agent and refer me to their friends and families. Without my strong network of support I would definitely not be able to do what I am.
3. I am thankful that I get to live so close to my extended family. I know lots of people (my husband included) who do not have this luxury for one reason or another. I feel spoiled that my parents live a block away, my sister and brother are in town and I even have an aunt and a Grandma in the Phoenix Metro area.
4. I am thankful to have an amazing husband who puts up with me and all of my drama and eccentricities. When people come over and see all of the beautiful things he has done to our house I am so proud he is with me.
5. I could not possibly be more thankful that my kids are healthy, brilliant and beautiful. Yes, they drive me insane fairly regularly, but I honestly sometimes feel like I tricked fate by getting such amazing children. (I know, I know, everyone feels this way, and knowing that doesn’t change that I do feel this way.)
6. I am thankful to have an amazingly close group of girlfriends that I communicate with on a daily basis which has survived different high schools and colleges, marriages, children and moves to other states.
OK, that’s probably the big ones on my mind. I hope you are happy and feeling thankful today too! Happy Thanksgiving Week!